GRE Preparation Tips
Similar to other exam prep, you can choose to study on your own or join a coaching center to prepare for the GRE exam. The decision lies entirely to you, as you need to see whether you have enough time and resources for both. Newer methods of studying are gaining popularity, like online GRE prep classes. It includes both self-studying and coaching class methods. You join a virtual classroom and you learn in the comfort of your home. To choose the best method on how to prepare for GRE you first need to look at your criteria and decide accordingly.
GRE Study Material
If you take the route of self-study to prepare for GRE, there are a lot of study materials and GRE study plans available to help you. The official ETS has its own official study guide and a mobile app. Refer to the following GRE guides and books to help create a study plan –
- The Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test, Second Edition – Both the book and eBook feature two actual, full-length tests, hundreds of authentic GRE test questions, explanations for many answers, test-taking strategies, sample essay responses with reader commentary and more.
- The Official GRE Guide app – It gives you access to authentic test questions with answers and explanations, plus valuable test-taking tips and strategies. The Official GRE Guide app is the most accurate and informative GRE revised General Test preparation available in an interactive, electronic format.
- Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume One – this guide includes an authoritative overview of the GRE Analytical Writing measure, complete with sample writing tasks and scored sample responses.
- Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume One – This book offers 150 never-before-published Quantitative Reasoning questions with complete explanations. It also includes a review of the math topics you need to know for the test.
- ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice Service for the GRE revised General Test – This service is a web-based tool that can help you sharpen your analytical writing skills and prepare for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE revised General Test.
- Manhattan Prep – They offer 8 test-taking strategy guides, focusing on each of the tests content areas including Algebra, Fractions, Decimals & Percents, Geometry, Number Properties, and Word Problems.