Other family visas
Other family visa options are offered to aged dependent relatives, remaining relatives and carers of Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens, which entitles them to live permanently in Australia. The basic requirement of all these visa categories is to be sponsored by an eligible relative in Australia.
Other family visas include:
- Remaining Relative Visa
- Aged Dependent Relative
- Carer Visa
- Sponsor:The applicant has to be sponsored by a close relative who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Family in Australia:The applicant should have a sibling, parent or near relative in Australia who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Assurance of Support:The applicant should be provided with Assurance of support
- Health and character Requirements:The applicant has to meet with the health and character requirements as per Australian laws.
- This visa allows for open study and work permit.
- Allows access to health care benefits and certain social security benefits
- Visa holders are eligible for Australian citizenship
- Visa holders can sponsor people for permanent residence
- Dependents can accompany the main applicant to Australia