Do you need to select healthcare professionals for work or study, or are you preparing students or recommending an English test?
Then OET is the test for you!
Patient safety and quality care
Limited language proficiency is an obstacle to effective communication affecting quality of care. OET is designed to replicate the critical tasks of healthcare workplace settings and measure abilities across the skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Valid and reliable
Underpinned by Cambridge Assessment English and the University of Melbourne, OET has featured prominently in research literature relating to language testing in specific-purpose contexts.
Highly secure and trustworthy
Delivered in 40 countries through secure facilities with highly-trained staff. Robust identity and malpractice checks, test material assessed centrally, and secure results verification service for recognising organisations.
Why these organisations choose OET
- Governments, healthcare boards and councils have a crucial role to play in safe-guarding public safety and OET gives confidence for safe and effective practice.
- Educators integrate OET preparation and testing and accept OET results for entry into healthcare courses, helping students to demonstrate they are ready to communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Employers know that limited language proficiency is an obstacle to effective communication and quality of care. OET replicates the critical tasks of workplace settings and measure candidates’ abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Teachers have access to the knowledge and tools needed to run high quality OET preparation courses.
- Agents know that OET is recommended by healthcare professionals as most suitable for visa and healthcare registration.